Monday, August 19, 2013

paint date





Today, my lil finn and I sat on the front porch and had a paint date. It was so nice to spend time with him, without the distractions of the baby or friends. He is definitely a budding little artist, and I love being able to share this with him.  I am so happy that my love for art and creating has rubbed off on him. I hope he keeps this special love and continues to grow and inspire me.

 The weather was perfect. A bit overcast with a nice steady breeze to keep the mosquitos away (they have been so bad this summer!) The conversation was full, mostly about school. It was a nice change to have him freely tell me all about his day. Usually, I have to drag it out of him and he gets all flustered with my 20 questions and, just walks away (seriously, he is only 5 and this is already happening?!) 

 For me, this time is less about what beautiful things we can create and more about just spending time together doing something we both enjoy. I am trying hard to cherish these moments I have alone with him, trying to live in each moment and to truly appreciate the person he is right now. Trying to store in my memory bank, his love for adventure, his sweet innocence, and all of his curious little thoughts. Being appreciative of the little things we are given each day. This is such a hard thing for me to do, but I am getting better. Having this lil blog has helped me to get my camera out, and capture these moments, to have for the rest of my life. I am thankful for both my boys (and my man) and this beautiful life we have been given to spend with each other. 
Sure, it's not always sunshine and daisies. There are plenty of times I wish for alone time on a tropical beach with a big ole margarita in my hand. But, the reality is, at least for me, my life is a lot more fun when I have the people I love there, to share it with me. :)  

Happy Monday!
xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment