Friday, August 2, 2013

a creative soul






I have been making a point to work in my studio, everyday. If only just for a minute, while the babe is napping and Finn is playing. I would usually not even bother because once i start to work and get those creative juices flowing it's always so hard to stop, like waking up right in the middle of the best dream. It never fails, right when I start to find my rythmn in the studio, I hear the baby waking up from his nap or Finn decides he desperately needs food or water or to go outside. Whatever the case maybe I am always getting interrupted while i'm creating and it is so hard to get back.  
So, for awhile ,I stopped all together. Not making anytime for creating. But, I have realized lately that I need to create. When I haven't been creating or doing something just for me, I can feel it. Its like I can feel it in my soul.  I start to loose that light. The light that makes me who I am, the one that gives me my passion. I get it from creating. That need to use my hands and work with raw materials to give them new life, to create beauty around me, for myself and for everyone else. To breath that refreshing air of accomplishment. Oh, it feels so good to know that you made that, whatever it is, with  just your two hands and your creative soul. I love that feeling. So, I am making a point to create, even if its just for a little while, everyday. A little something I can do for me, to kept me...me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment